Friday, June 20, 2008

Broken up

One-fourth of the moon was hidden behind the shadows tonight
It was as if a blanket of comfort had left my site
I questioned whether it was me that was unworthy of its light
I wondered why or how this happened, what brought on the plight
I felt sorrow for the others who are also without the light
I stared off into the night, looking for the shadow moon, out of site
Absent
I look up to the stars and their minuscule glittering of the sky
I see their design, their presence, their heir
I feel their warmth, their friendship, their light, their glow
I recognize the bear, the hunter, the dipper, the arrow, the bow
I follow the star, north to my home ever so slow
Transfixed on the beauty of the dancing heavenly beings
Entertaining, leading, playing, bringing me home to their transcending
I return home with the feeling of no longer being alone
I look out my window and see the moon
Three-fourths glowing beyond the light in the room
One-fourth forgotten in the light, bonding with the glitter in the sky
One-fourth remembered when the shadow disappears and I see
The light as a whole, the lessons, the roles, the fun and the holds
I looked out my window and realized
Light can be found without looking
Just seeing and
Believing in the light of heavenly beings

No comments: